Partner, Tax Consulting
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 (2) 9020 4095
Mobile: +61 420 960 222
Mariana is highly regarded by both clients and peers for her problem solving skills and her ability to achieve quick results that are both practical and commercially astute. She currently sits on the Education Committee of The Tax Institute, and is a member of the Women in Tax Committee of The Tax Institute.
It is important for Mariana to produce practical outcomes, provide an excellent service, build strong client relationships and add value where possible.
Her expertise covers several broad areas including:
– R&D concessions for businesses seeking to maximise their entitlements;
– advising business vendors and purchasers in relation to the taxation implications that relate to various transactions. This advice has included implications relating to income tax, GST and stamp duty;
– assisting foreign entities set up their business in Australia;
– advising clients in relation to taxation matters, such as employee vs contractor provisions and payroll tax;
– advising a wide range of businesses and not-for-profits on strategies for minimising their fringe benefits tax liabilities;
– advising businesses in relation to international transfer pricing issues, including tax compliance and documentation; and
– advising funds management businesses including private equity funds in relation to taxation matters, such as MIT status and TOFA, as well as advice in relation to year-end tax distributions.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Canberra
- Master of Taxation, University of NSW – ATAX
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Expertise and Specialisation
- Business Structuring and Restructuring
- Capital Gains, Fringe Benefits Goods and Services Tax
- R&D Tax Incentives
- Set up of Foreign Entities
- Transfer Pricing
- International Tax and Business Services
Level 19, 207 Kent Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
As members of HLB International, HLB Mann Judd firms are part of a world-wide network of respected accounting firms. HLB International is a fast growing, dynamic network of professional accounting firms and business advisers. Formed in 1969, HLBI is ranked in the top 12 largest accounting and business advisory groups world-wide, with annual billings of US$1.7 billion, generated by more than 1,900 member firm partners plus 14,000 staff in 500 offices. HLB Mann Judd has a dedicated national funds management industry group that has developed significant technical and commercial expertise with an appreciation for the various commercial issues facing the funds management industry. In the property funds sector, HLB Mann Judd has clients across listed and unlisted funds, retail and wholesale and funds set up for domestic and offshore investors. The HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association consists of 10 member firms and 2 representative firms and has approximately 900 staff members, including 95 partners. It represents a group of specialists providing business advice and services to a wide range of business organisations and private clients.