The Property Funds Association of Australia (PFA) is the peak body representing the Australian unlisted property funds sector.
As the professional association for Australian Financial Services Licensed (AFSL) property fund managers, their advisors, consultants and representatives, we support and promote investment into unlisted property trusts, funds and syndicates, and assist members in developing and operating their businesses.
PFA’s mission is to deliver outstanding service to members, by focusing on three key activities:
Promoting investment in property based managed investments in Australia by domestic and international investors.
Representing the interests of our members to governments and regulators to improve the commercial operating environment.
Developing a unified and powerful professional industry association with strong membership benefits.
To achieve our mission we are committed to:
- Encouraging greater investment into Australian unlisted wholesale and retail property investment funds
- Providing better information for investors by delivering a clear industry message. This will assist in promoting the benefits of the sector to investors and the media and will ensure appropriate representation of our interests
- Influencing improvements to the operating environment for members via tax efficiency and improved regulatory frameworks
- Encouraging best practice with common recognisable standards
- Unifying and strengthening the industry body with a common voice and effective lobbying and development programs
- Strengthening and growing membership by raising the virtues of unlisted property investment through investor and member education.
Formed in 1998 the Property Funds Association of Australia (formerly ADPIA – Australian Direct Property Investment Association) was established to provide the growing number of direct property investors and managers with an organisation to represent their interests, promote their industry and provide a forum for research and education.
The association has grown and expanded its scope to also represent the advisors, consultants and representatives of property investors and managers.