Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 (2) 8923 0923
Mobile: +61 418 600 425
Jodie has more than 20 years’ experience in providing transactional property law advice and services. She is well known in the property industry and has been actively involved with the Property Funds Association for many years.
Whilst Jodie is a commercial property lawyer, and not a funds lawyer, she has a specialisation in acting for property trusts and syndicators and understands the special requirements in acting for this sector. She has many long-term clients and frequently acts on all property legal issues for the entire life cycle of various properties over many years, including the purchase, refurbishment, leasing and eventual sale of the same property
Qualifications and Memberships
- Made a fellow member of the Australian Property Institute as part of the API’s Property Leaders’ Program in 2011
- A member of the Law Society of NSW
- A member of the Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in Australia®” for the past six consecutive years in the practice area of Real Property Law
- Listed as in the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Doyle’s Guide of “Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyers” in Australia
- Listed in the 2018, 2019 and 2020 Doyles Guide of “Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyers” – New South Wales
- Appointed to the College of Law Academic Board as the only representative for the legal profession
- Sits on the Work Experience Appeals Committee for the College of Law
- Member of the Centre for Legal Innovation’s Roundtable series (by invitation only)
- Jodie holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Macquarie University
Expertise and Specialisation
- Sales & acquisitions
- Leasing and licensing (including national retail leases legislation compliance)
- Real estate agency law
- General advisory work in property law
- Development management agreements
No.5, The Upper Deck, 26-32 Pirrama Road, Jones Bay Wharf, New South Wales, 2009
Massons is an independent law firm specialising only in Australian commercial property law.
Massons acts on premium commercial property law transactions including acquisitions, disposals, commercial leasing, subdivision and titling and complex and specialised property transactions (eg strata renewal, airports, Crown land, biodiversity). Massons boasts a sophisticated client base comprising property trusts, major corporates, globals, large commercial real estate agencies, government, not-for-profits and developers.
In addition to the individual achievements of its partners and senior staff, Massons has been recognised as a finalist in the category of “Boutique Firm of the Year” in 2017 and 2018, and “Law Firm of the Year 1 to 100 lawyers)” in 2019 and 2020 at the Australasian Law Awards, and is featured as one of the “Leading New South Wales Property & Real Estate Law Firms” in Doyles Guide for 2019 and 2020.