Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +61 0491 737 005
Ben Aitkenhead is founder and principal of Beechwood Castle Consulting. Ben leverages his 30+ years of financial services experience in New York and Los Angeles to provide clients with advisory services. Ben's areas of expertise cover all commercial and residential property types across equity and debt. He worked for Credit Suisse's investment bank in New York City from 1989 to 2012 across banking, structured finance, capital markets, trading and sales, and was co-head of multiple businesses including Commercial Real Estate Lending and Securitisation, CMBS Capital Markets and Trading, and Residential Mortgages and RMBS.
In addition to his time at Credit Suisse, Ben has been a Non-Executive Director for a Blackstone-managed commercial real estate investment fund based in New York City since 2013, worked as a private investor and accelerator in start-ups in New York and Los Angeles, and for Pacific Oak Capital Advisors, a commercial property investment manager in Los Angeles.
Ben has been based in Australia since October 2019.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Member of Australian Institute of Commercial Directors
- Member of Urban Land Institute
- Member of Property Funds Association
- Asset Securitisation Forum (US)
- National Multifamily Housing Council (US)
- Alternative & Direct Investment Securities Assoc. (US)
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (US)
Expertise and Specialisation
- Commercial property – all asset classes
- Structured finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial and residential property mortgages
- Residential property – for rent and for ownership
Beechwood Castle Consulting
16 Courallie Road, , Northbridge, New South Wales, 2063
Founded in 2020, Beechwood Consulting provides strategic advice to clients in Australia and Asia-Pacific focused on commercial and residential property.
Beechwood Consulting leverages our investment banking, structuring and investing experience in commercial and residential property across debt and equity
Beechwood’s client base is concentrated in private equity firms and property companies.