Director, Tax Consulting
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 (2) 9020 4345
Mobile: +61 457 526 579
Alexander has extensive experience in corporate taxation, advising businesses (both publicly and privately-owned) across a range of industries including funds management, property, agribusiness and transport. Aside from domestic taxation issues, Alexander is experienced in advising on international tax issues, having spent time in New York with an HLB International member firm.
Alexander has experience in a number of specialist areas, including:
• assisting fund managers on tax matters relating to the establishment and operation of funds, including MIT/AMIT eligibility and TOFA
• providing transaction advisory services for clients undergoing business transactions and restructures, including application of the tax consolidation regime
• advising clients on property transactions, including on matters relating to CGT, GST and stamp duty
• implementing investment structures that optimise commercial and taxation outcomes
• assisting taxpayers in with tax disputes and obtaining rulings.
Alexander is committed to creating value for clients through understanding their individual needs and delivering practical outcomes. He is regarded for his ability to advise on complex tax matters, combining his knowledge of the tax legislation with an understanding of commercial and industry specific issues.
Alexander is across the latest tax developments and advises clients on the impacts of legislative changes. He has published numerous articles addressing a range of tax issues.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering - University of Sydney
- Member, Tax Institute of Australia
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Expertise and Specialisation
- Corporate tax consulting and compliance
- Funds management and private equity
- Transactions and business restructuring
- International and cross-border taxation
- Property development and construction
- Tax consolidations
Level 19, 207 Kent Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
As members of HLB International, HLB Mann Judd firms are part of a world-wide network of respected accounting firms. HLB International is a fast growing, dynamic network of professional accounting firms and business advisers. Formed in 1969, HLBI is ranked in the top 12 largest accounting and business advisory groups world-wide, with annual billings of US$1.7 billion, generated by more than 1,900 member firm partners plus 14,000 staff in 500 offices.
HLB Mann Judd has a dedicated national funds management industry group that has developed significant technical and commercial expertise with an appreciation for the various commercial issues facing the funds management industry. In the property funds sector, HLB Mann Judd has clients across listed and unlisted funds, retail and wholesale and funds set up for domestic and offshore investors.
The HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association consists of 10 member firms and 2 representative firms and has approximately 900 staff members, including 95 partners. It represents a group of specialists providing business advice and services to a wide range of business organisations and private clients.