Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 3 8635 1905
Mobile: +61 428 530 114
Abi has over 17 years’ experience in providing tax advice and tax compliance services to a wide range of clients, but with particular emphasis on the funds management industry. Abi’s clients include a number of ASX listed and wholesale property funds, equity funds, debt funds, corporate entities and large complex private groups.
Abi’s experience includes:
• Advising Funds on the appropriate structure to achieve optimal tax outcomes for investors including consideration of income tax, withholding tax and AMIT regime.
• Providing strategic tax advice for foreign multinationals looking to acquire businesses and properties in Australia.
• Providing income tax, GST and stamp duty advice on M&A transactions.
• Successful management of numerous complex tax disputes and ATO risk reviews and audits and the design, implementation and testing of tax governance frameworks.
Abi hosted a Property Funds Association roundtable on non-bank lending and is an active committee member of the Property Council of Australia’s state taxes committee.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Law
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Chartered Tax Adviser
Expertise and Specialisation
- Property Trust issues including MIT Withholding Tax, Trust Loss Recoupment Rules and Tax Structuring
- Tax Due Diligence Reviews for Acquisitions
- Stamp Duty and Land Tax
- Income Tax and CGT Relating to Property Transactions
Level 10, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
SW Accountants & Advisors is an Australian owned advisory and accounting firm with an 85 year history that understands relationships make all the difference in creating opportunities and delivering great outcomes for our clients and our people. We are recognised specialist advisors in the funds management sector, providing a broad range of services to clients of all sizes, including large listed and unlisted fund managers. We provide the following services to over 20 fund managers:
– AFSL audits
– Outsourced fund accounting
– Independent accounting reports
– Independent expert reports
– Tax compliance
– Tax due diligence
– International tax structuring
– Corporate finance
We have also combined our years of expertise in corporate tax and software engineering to produce market-leading software solution, Complete Tax Solutions (CTS). CTS streamlines the entire tax reporting and compliance process by automating the tax distribution and tax return process for property funds.
SW Accountants & Advisors is a proud and long standing member of the Property Funds Association. Our significant involvement in the property funds industry mandates an active involvement in current tax and accounting issues that impact your sector.
We take pride in being at the forefront of reforms, whether legislative or administrative and actively involved in consultative processes, making submissions to Treasury and/or the ATO.